So you want to do DEI work? Now what?
Tuesday, October 13, 2-3:30 PM ET
Session opens at 1:30 PM EST
Registration is required for this event.
Many child support programs are at the beginning of figuring out how to address diversity, equity and inclusion in their programs. This session will focus on beginning strategies and approaches to start this work and ideas for organizations that have already started down this path. Whether you are the top leader in your organization, middle management, or front line staff, this session will have something to offer you. This session will offer concrete advice, tools and examples to start you on your journey or “level up” the work you are already doing. Topics addressed include improving diversity in the workforce, how to create culturally competent and inclusive work environments, and DEI organization and strategy development.
Objectives or takeaways for the session:
• Why DEI matters to our work
• Where to start – models of DEI organizational development, such as using a DEI committee or charter process
• Common elements of DEI work – the what and the how
• How to engage staff in the DEI work
• How to engage leadership in the DEI work
• Strategies for long-term change and addressing burnout
Melissa Froehle - Minnesota CSE